The perfect sweet treat, that is refined sugar free, super easy to make & great for your digestive system. This recipe is great for kids and adults alike, I used quite a big mould for these, however you can choose a smaller mould to make them more like lollies!
For these gummies I used Nutra Organics, Natural Gelatin that is a 100% natural gelatin that is nourishing and healing for the gut, aiding in digestion, detoxification and reducing inflammation. I mixed this with homegrown passion fruit, a super fruit known for it's high levels of antioxidants. Passionfruit is also high in Vitamin C and A. Last but not least I added NZ Manuka Honey, known for its antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. So these gummies really are super gummies... and they taste great too!!
- x10 Passion fruit, cut open with the pulp scooped out (into a pot). If these are out of season or too expensive, you can replace them with orange or lemon - or even your favourite 'fruit only' juice*.
- x2 TBSP of Manuka Honey or honey of your choice.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 TBSP Gelatin
- 1/2 cup of water (for the gelatin to bloom in)
- In a pot add your passionfruit pulp, honey and water. Heat over a low flame and allow mixture to fully combine and start to form bubbles.
- In a small bowl, let your gelatin bloom by adding it to the water and stir. Gelatin will only take a few moments to bloom and will turn into a thick paste.
- Mix the bloomed gelatin into the hot passionfruit and honey mix and stir until dissolved. You can then pour** the mixture into your chosen mould and refrigerate for 2hrs.
- Once set, you should have a jelly lolly! Enjoy and store in an air tight container for 2-4 days in the fridge.
*Omit water if you use juice.
** If you have little ones who might not like pips, you can use a sift at this point to omit passionfruit pips.