I have always loved scones, they remind me of my childhood years where Mum and her friends would whip up a bunch of scones to share at get togethers. Over the years I have trialed a couple of recipes, this recipe has recently become a quick and easy favourite! You can whip these up in 10minutes - perfect for entertaining unexpected guests.
1 cup of whole cream milk
1 cup ginger ale
1/2 cup raw sugar
3 cup self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line a baking tray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Roll out to your favoured thickness (keeping in mind these will rise quite a bit) and cut into squares.
- Place scones on prepared baking tray and brush with a little extra milk. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite jam, and a good dollop of whipped cream.