Sweet & Spicy - This chilli Jam is bound to tantalise your taste buds.
- 10 fresh red chillies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers (Char - roasted)
- 500 g jam sugar
- 500 ml white wine or cider vinegar
- Pop 2 red capsicums in the air fryer/oven on grill at 200 for 10 mins (keeping an eye on these). When done they will have a light charred look. Peel the skin off and pop into a food processor.
- Halve and deseed the red chillies, pop into the food processor.
- Peel the garlic cloves, then place in the food processor with the peppers and chillies - pulse until finely chopped.
- Scrape the chilli mixture into a high-sided pan over a medium-high heat, add the sugar and vinegar, then give everything a good stir.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick, glossy and reduced by half.
- Pour into sterilised jam jars and store in a cool dark place until needed.
- Use as a dipping sauce or add to canned tomatoes to make a nice marinade!