Sweet, earthy, creamy & just all round yummy!!
We first tasted this wonderful white chocolate & beetroot mix at our favourite little cafe in Bali, whilst on a work trip in 2019… little did we know this would be our last overseas trip in a while! Maybe that’s why this drink became a favourite? …As it takes us back to the days we could travel the world with ease.
A few days after our Bali trip, we were both having latte withdrawals, so decided we should try and recreate this sweet & pink drink - after a bit of playing we think we came up with a pretty scrumptious mix.. too yummy not to share!!
White Chocolate & Beetroot Latte
- 4 Large Beetroots
- 4 Cups of Coconut or Cows milks
- 100grams White Chocolate melts.
- Peel beetroots, cut into small chunks and juice in a juicer.
- Melt 100 grams of white chocolate in a microwave (in short bursts stirring inbetween) or using the double boiler method. Stir to ensure this stays smooth and doesn't burn.
- Warm 4 cups of coconut milk or cows milk in a saucepan, then add melted chocolate. Mix thoroughly so that the chocolate dissolves evenly and all is well combined.
- Add the beetroot juice to the milk mixture and continue to heat carefully on a low heat.
- You can add a little hot water or more milk to adjust strength of the brew.
- Once warmed through, pour into your favourite glasses and serve with your favourite afternoon treat!